The Valley Royals 2019 Annual General Meeting will be presented as a “Silent AGM” during the Athletic Awards Banquet:
- It is essential that as many club members as possible come to the Legacy Building between 5:30 and 8:30 PM on Wednesday, February 27th 2019 and Sign-In as attending the AGM. Please come even if you can only drop in for a few minutes and are not able to stay for the Banquet because our club’s grant funding depends on the number of athletes and parents who Sign In for the AGM.
- The club is having a “Silent AGM” this year so that we can run an AGM at the same time as the Athletic Banquet without disrupting the timing of the Banquet. Reports that have, in the past, been given verbally will instead be featured as Visual Displays.
- One ballot will be given per family so that the club membership can vote to approve items on the “Agenda”–which will be available for viewing in the form of visual displays—the ballot also gives the membership a chance vote for candidates for the Board of Directors.
- Each display will have an opportunity to ask questions in written form which will be answered in written form by the appropriate board member—these questions and answers will become part of the display until 8:30 PM at which time votes on the Ballots will be counted and Recorded and there will be a vote to adjourn the AGM by a show of hands of the members in the room at that time.
- Nominations are now open for people interested in serving on the Board of Directors. If you would like to be nominated or have someone you would like to nominate please email Monica at [email protected]
- On the day of the AGM, “Nominations from the Floor” for candidates to run for the Board will be accepted via email, or in person at the Legacy Building Upstairs Foyer, until the doors to the Legacy Banquet Hall open at 5:30 PM on Wednesday, February 27th, 2019 at which time: Sign-Ins will begin, Ballots will be issued, Displays will be available for viewing and Voting will commence.