All Valley Royals Members are invited to the Club’s EGM Friday, April 3rd, 2020 presented live Online from 7-9 PM as a ZOOM Webinar
Participation in the EGM will have a direct impact on the grant application which helps to fund the club.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
All member households will receive an email from Christa giving instructions on how to Register for the meeting ahead of time which includes signing up for the free version of ZOOM. The ZOOM app works on computers as well as smartphones.
Registering right away is recommended so that you have time to ask for help, if needed. We’d like everyone Online and ready to go when the meeting starts at 7:00 PM this Friday night.
During the registration process, make sure that you:
- Use the email address which you normally use to communicate with Christa
- Fully answer the registration question which asks you to list the names of the members of your household.
The webinar format will allow for the club leadership to present using audio and video which can be seen by the club membership. Members can ask questions using the chat and live polls will be taken of the membership to get voting results in the meeting.
There are three positions being voted on for the Valley Royals Board of Directors at the EGM. All three people currently serving in those positions have agreed to let their names stand for election to a two-year term. If you are interested in serving on the board, please consider offering to serve as a sub-committee member this year by contacting Christa at [email protected] (Let Christa know if you have skills in equipment maintenance, website maintenance, bookkeeping, finances, fundraising or other skills that would help the club)
Thanks for your patience, positive attitude and encouragement as we learn new ways to communicate during this challenging time.
This online EGM replaces the physical AGM of the Valley Royals membership scheduled for Friday, April 3rd, 2020.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS HOMEPAGE FOR POSTS OF THE MOST RECENT VALLEY ROYALS INFORMATION. Below is a list of updates and an important letter from Head Coach Trevor Wight.
- The Club’s Annual General Meeting is proceeding as scheduled for 7-9 PM on Friday, April 3rd but, for public safety, will be convened as an Extraordinary General Meeting in an Electronic Format. Maximum participation in this EGM is essential for the club’s grant application for funding. More updates about the EGM will be posted soon
- The Athletic Awards Banquet is postponed until further notice
- The Coach/Athlete/Parent Meeting and Shed Clean Up at Rotary is postponed until further notice
- Junior Development Group is postponed. Interested athletes may reserve a spot on the JD Waitlist by Registering Online and selecting the “$20-One Week Trial” option. Cost: $20 (which can be applied to a JD membership package if the season proceeds or be reimbursed if the JDs are unable to train this season)
- Track Rascals (Two days a week for 8 weeks in May & June) is still to be determined. To reserve a spot on the Track Rascals Waitlist email the club administrator, Christa, at [email protected]
- Athletes Age 14 and Up, that are currently registered and training with the Royals, will continue to train using electronic communication with their coach. Watch for an email from your coach to learn how your training will proceed. Athletes in this age group, who are not currently registered but are interested in training, may reserve a spot on the 14 & Up Waitlist by Registering Online and selecting the “$20-One Week Trial” option. Cost: $20 (which can be applied to a membership package if the season proceeds or be reimbursed if the the athlete is unable to train this season). Due to health concerns, high jump and pole vault are not currently available for training.
An important letter from Head Coach Trevor Wight:
Dear Royals Family,
In the wake of the evolving situation with the COVID-19 virus, the Valley Royals board of directors, with my input, has decided to suspend all formal practices for all ages and training groups until further notice. It is our responsibility to put the health and safety of our athletes and their families ahead of all other considerations. We are monitoring this situation closely.
In spite of this unfortunate situation, athletes in the power/speed, endurance and throws groups are encouraged to continue to train on their own. To this end, coaches for these groups will be providing workouts and direction to their athletes through virtual means. Athletes will be hearing from their specific coaches shortly with details on how this will work. In certain cases, some equipment may be made available for athletes to sign out from the club.
These are difficult and uncertain times. For now, we all need to do the best we can to make lemonade out of lemons. I encourage everyone who is a part of the Royals family to keep fit and to keep this situation in perspective. Anyone who’s been a track and field athlete for any length of time knows that from time to time, blips happen in one’s training, sometimes for reasons beyond our control. This is only just another blip. It will pass. Until it does, do the best you can and stay safe.
Yours in Sport,
Trevor Wight, Head Coach, Valley Royals Track and Field Club
Thank you for your patience and diligence in supporting the Club under these trying circumstances. With an abundance of caution, in line with National and Provincial Health directives regarding the Covid-19 Novel Coronavirus global pandemic, the Valley Royals Track and Field Club will do its utmost to protect the health and wellness of our community. In order to do our part, the club is cancelling the 2020 Jennifer Rogers Swan Memorial track and field meet scheduled to take place April 17th & 18th at the Jane and Gerry Swan Track, Rotary Stadium, Abbotsford BC.
Please check this Homepage for more updates about other club activities and events in the coming days.
Sincerely, Monica Carsience – Club President, on behalf of the Valley Royals Board of Directors and Head Coach Trevor Wight
Important Dates: Please mark the following dates on your calendars:
Friday, April 3rd – AGM – The Annual General Meeting is proceeding as scheduled but, for public safety, will be convened as an Extraordinary General Meeting in an Electronic Format
POSTPONED: Athletic Awards Banquet
POSTPONED – Team Meeting / Track Shed Purge/Clean-up at the Club’s Shed, Rotary Stadium This meeting is for all coaches, athletes, parents, and board members. It’s important that we have everyone there. Head Coach, Trevor Wight, will be introducing everyone, explaining what we’re about as a club and what to expect in the spring /summer. Coach Trevor will keep the spoken part of the meeting to 20 minutes and then everyone will participate in the shed clean-up.