The Valley Royals power speed group had an outstanding meet this past weekend at the BC Athletics Provincial Championships Jamboree in Kamloops.
Coach Scott and the distance group posted medal-winning results and PBs that show just how amazing our dedicated athletes are.
Download the meet package for detailed event information: JD Championships 2022 Meet Package
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTE FOR PARENTS:
- JD athlete’s name
- up to 3 events they would like to be registered in
JOIN A 4X100M RELAY FOR THE MEET??
Registration deadline for the three events through Valley Royals is midnight on July 5th.
JDs and Scott’s group will relocate to Clearbrook Park for training for the remainder of the week.
Mark Molina Competed in the Canadian U20 Championships this past weekend in Langley BC. Mark represented us proudly by easily advancing to the semi final where he was just one and a half seconds from making the final in the men’s 800m event running against the best in the country under 20 years of age. Mark recorded a personal best performance of 1:56.18.
Outstanding running from this 16 year old! – Coach Scott
Valley Royals athletes had an excellent showing both on the track and on the field this past Saturday at the Langley Pacific Invitational. There were numerous personal bests and gold-medal winning performances. Here are the Royals’ gold-medal winners:
- Haveer Nigah – 2009 Boys High Jump (1.55m) and 200 hurdles (29.85s)
- Gurpartap Sandhu – 2008 Girls 300 Hurdles – 54.12
- Alexia Smith 2009 Girls 800- 2:34.98
- Adrianna Buitelaar U16 Girls 800 – 2:27.29
- Eloise McKerrow 2013 Girls High Jump – 1.10m
- Dhea Kondolay – 2009 Girls Javelin – 24.97m
- Thomas Wight – 2013 Boys Shot Put – 6.26m
- Chloe McKerrow – 2011 Girls Shot Put – 5.90m
- Gurman Sandhu – 2013 Girls Shot Put – 4.93m
There were many other great performances. Most importantly, Royals athletes came together as team, worked together and had fun in the process. From here, Royals athletes now turn their training towards the final push of the season as they prepare for the provincial championships and/or BC Summer Games in July.
Well done everyone. – Coach Trevor