REGISTRATION UPDATE: Onine Registration is now closed. However, Late Registration is available via email to Debbie Foote [email protected] OR at the Late Entry Registration Desk Wednesday 3:00PM near the Finish Line in Clearbrook Park. Late Registration Price is $12 (includes all of the races in the series)
The Valley Royals Grand Prix Cross Country Series is hosted every Wednesday afternoon over 4 consecutive weeks in the fall (the last two Wednesdays in September and the first two Wednesdays in October). The racing series attracts hundreds of students in Grades 4 to 8, from the Abbotsford and Mission area.
The Grand Prix takes place in “Clearbrook Park” (also called “Ron Wiebe Park”) over a 1-Mile (1600 m) race course around the main field and through the woods on the north edge of the park. Students get better at running the course each week, learning how to pace themselves for a race of this distance, and improving their stamina. Students love to try and improve their personal best time (PB) or finishing position from week to week. Results are posted on this Web Page each Monday after a race. All 4 Race Results are calculated together to determine the placement of award winners.
Race dates for 2018 are: September 19th & 26th and October 3rd & 10th. The Series is open to ALL students in grades 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8. If a student is homeschooled, or attends a school that does not participate in this event, they can register as”unattached”. The Registration price per athlete is $8.00 (includes all 4 Races) if registered before Midnight Sunday September 16th using the Online “Trackie” system (see link below). Late Registration is $12 per athlete and is available at Valley Royals Registration Tent on site on race days.
ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST BE DONE ONLINE THROUGH TRACKIE:
- Click this link to go to the Registration Page: https://www.trackie.com/online-registration/register/valley-royals-grand-prix-racing-series/25011/
- Select how many individuals you want to register and fill out the form for each individual. Need a faster way to register lots of individuals? Use the “import entries” option on Trackie’s registration page to download Trackie’s Template File. Use it to create a spreadsheet of all your athletes’ info, then register them all at once by importing your newly saved file into the Registration Page on Trackie
- Once done entering all athlete data click on the “PROCEED TO STEP 2” button.
- Review your information on the confirmation page then click “CONFIRM REGISTRATION”
- If you have any issues please contact [email protected]
- HOW TO PAY: Trackie will not accept payment for this event. Please Bring Cash or Cheques (made payable to the “Valley Royals”) to the Valley Royals Registration Tent on site in Clearbrook Park on the first Race Day. Upon payment, schools will receive an envelope of numbered racing bibs and an athlete roster matching each athlete with their number, each home schooling family will receive the same for their registered children.
- PRICING: Athletes registered online before midnight on September 16th only pay an $8 registration fee which includes all the races the series (regardless of how many of the four races the athlete participates in).
- LATE REGISTRATION is available at the Valley Royals Registration Tent on site in Clearbrook Park on race days: Sept 19th, Sept 26th, Oct 3rd and Oct 10th. Late Registration pricing is $12 per athlete which pays for all races left in the series.
Send any questions to Christa McAuley at: [email protected] Please note that Christa won’t be able to accept Registrations. All Athlete Registrations must be done online using the link to Trackie above.
- In the Clearbrook Park Parking Lots (Drop Off is OK) Parking on the grounds of Clearbrook Park is for VOLUNTEERS only and, for the safety of athletes getting dropped off or picked up, no cars will be allowed to leave the lots until all races are completed
- Maranatha Baptist Church The church has daycare and after school programs and people parking at the church create significant problems for them and the safety of their kids
- Clearbrook Elementary The school locks its gates when done for the day so don’t risk getting locked in for the night.
Food & Beverages:
VALLEY ROYALS GRAND PRIX ALL TIME TOP TEN:
2017 Grand Prix Results:
Please note that there are multiple pages on each spreadsheet file below. Click tabs at the bottom of page to find the grade/gender results that you are looking for.
Results from Week #1: Results Week One – September 20 2017
Results from Week #2: Results for Grand Prix Week 2 – September 27 2017
Results from Week #3: Results for Grand Prix Week 3 – October 4 2017
Results from Week #4: Results for Grand Prix Week 4 – October 11 2017
Overall Winners based on Points Accumulated in all 4 Races: 2017 Grand Prix Series Top 10 Racers by Grade for Boys & Girls
Top School Teams: Grand Prix 2017 Team Awards and Jane Swan Fitness Award (To qualify for Team Scoring in a Grade/Gender Category, a school must have at least 4 runners compete in 3 of the 4 Races in the Grand Prix Series)
The 2017 Jane Swan Fitness Award is awarded to: John Calvin School
Congratulations to our new TOP TEN RECORD HOLDERS from the 2017 Racing Series (See the full”Grand Prix Top Ten” Records in link below ) Grade 4 Girls: #8 Alexia Smith Grade 5 Girls: #9 Amy Trent Grade 5 Boys: #1 Daniel Fleming, #5 Arata Nakanishi, #7 Luke Wight Grade 6 Girls: #6 Demi Timmerman, #8 Lyn Chuang Grade 6 Boys: #4 Mark Molina, #8 Ben Brandsma Grade 7 Girls: #2 Mikaiah Zietsma, #3 Malia Lenz, #8 Stella Petrie Grade 7 Boys: #8 Hayden Sansalone, #10 Tyler Pretty Grade 8 Boys: #4 Josh Vandevelde
Photos from the 2017 Grand Prix Races:
Photos by Paul Funk: https://valleyroyals.ca/2017-2/nggallery/track-
Valley Royals Grand Prix History
Updated September, 2018