Contact the Club Administrator, Christa, at [email protected] if you have any questions about becoming a member of the Valley Royals Track & Field Club
Membership Registration and Payment: Email Christa at [email protected]
Membership pricing for 2021 is unchanged from 2020 (See Post from December 10th on the Homepage for details). For a Printable PDF of the Chart (pictured below) regarding Fees/Expectations/Deposits for all Registration Packages CLICK HERE: 2021 Pricing Chart for VR Membership Packages
Due to insurance rules, all athletes must have a paid Valley Royals Membership to participate with a Royals training group. A $20 one-week trial membership is available for athletes new to the Royals and wanting to check out a training group before buying the full membership but is not available for the 2020 Summer Sessions of Junior Development or Track Rascals. To select a membership package and register email the club administrator at [email protected]
- Credit Card Payment option is available
- Single-Season Memberships are available for the TRACK & FIELD/Spring-Summer SEASON ONLY or CROSS COUNTRY/Fall SEASON ONLY(Please note: If you select the Spring-Summer Season and later decided to come back in the Fall Season you will need to contact the club Administrator to register & pay for the Fall Season. Moving up to the Full Year Membership will not be possible at that point. Its the best deal to choose the Full Year option at the start of the year
- $20.00 INTRODUCTORY WEEK available to athletes that are new to the Valley Royals (see ***INTRO SPECIAL*** below for details)
- What if I have Fundraising Credits left over after I have paid for all of my Entry Fees for the year? All Fundraising Credits expire on December 31st each year. They may not be carried forward into the following year. However. if you have Fundraising Credits left over at the end of the Fall Season, you can use use them toward purchasing next year’s Club Membership as long as the Membership is purchased before Dec 31st.
- New members must supply a copy of their birth certificate to the Club Administrator (either in person or by emailing a photo or scan of the document)
- Athletes ages 14 and up can move between groups or attend more than one group if approved to do so
- Age is calculated as of Dec.31st of the year you are registering for
- Financial Assistance: Please check out Kids Sport Canada website for information related to financial assistance here
$20.00 INTRODUCTORY WEEK Option: For just $20.00 (fee covers insurance for training only, not competing) a new athlete gets the chance to attend one week of practices before deciding to join and pay in full (Use Online Registration to select this option) This option can be used only once and is only available to athletes who are new to the Valley Royals Track & Field Club.
WHAT A VALLEY ROYALS TRACK & FIELD CLUB MEMBERSHIP (NOT $20 INTRO) PROVIDES:
- access to training groups
- subsidized club clothing
- award at annual banquet
- team fees paid for BC or Canadian team members
- Entry Fees paid by Club for up to 3 events/races at the “BC Track & Field Championships”(BC Athletics)
- Entry Fee paid by Club for race at “BC Cross Country Championships”(BC Athletics)
Not Included in Membership:
- volunteer & fundraising expectations
- Entry-fees for competitions/events (Can be covered through fundraising credits Fundraising Credits_Answers to FAQs )
- BC Athletics Membership: mandatory for club membership (the BC Athletics Fee provides the necessary insurance coverage for the athlete)
- Special exception for athletes enrolled in University: All Entry fees are included in the Club Membership and only a small number of Volunteer Hours are required of University Athletes.
Club FundRaising Activities:
- Track meets, cross country meets and road races hosted by Valley Royals
- Fundraisers throughout the year that may be approved by the Directors of the Club
- Each athlete/family is expected to fundraise but how much is up them. There is no minimum fundraising expectation but there are direct benefits to the athlete in the form of a 50% fundraising credit that can be applied to entry fees or next year’s membership before the credits expire on December 31st. For more information on Fundraising Credits click here: Fundraising Credits_Answers to FAQs
- Click on “Volunteer and Fundraising Expectations” above for details.
- Club uniform “singlets” must be worn to competitions entered via club
- Athletes buy their singlet at ordering time and can try on a sample size to check the fit
- Specialized uniforms/hoodies available on request
If you need a competition singlet contact Christa at [email protected]
We now have a for-purchase system on our new ROYAL BLUE ADIDAS SINGLETS. Some old Singlets with red side panels are available for sale too but sizes are limited. Athletes can wear either the old or the new singlet in competition.