Below is a list of Upcoming Meets that Club Athletes are encouraged to attend (some are age-specific). If you are interested in looking for more meets to compete in, TALK TO YOUR COACH and check out the BC Athletics – Calendar of Events
Do not register yourself online. ALWAYS send your registration information to the Valley Royals Club Administrator, Christa Mc Auley, so that she can register you as a Club Athlete & apply any fundraising credits you may have toward entry fee costs. Here’s how to register for meets: https://valleyroyals.ca/how-to-register-for-meets/
Valley Royals Junior Development Athletes will be competing in these upcoming track & field meets for 2019:
May 4th & 5th: Norwesters Elementary Meet at Swangard Stadium, Burnaby, BC
May 18th & 19th: Junior Olympics Meet at Bear Creek Park, Surrey, BC
June 8th & 9th: Jesse Bent Memorial Meet at Percy Perry Stadium, Coquitlam, BC
June 14 to 16th: Langley Pacific Invitational Meet at McLeod Athletic Park, Langley, BC
June 29th & 30th: Universal Meet at Bear Creek Park, Surrey, BC
July 19th to 21st: BC JD Championships at South Surrey Athletic Park in White Rock, BC (Note: To encourage all Royals JD athletes compete at the BC JD Championships, the club will pay for up to 3 entry fees per athlete for this meet. Be sure to have our club administrator, Christa, do the registration to take advantage of this opportunity)
Valley Royals Grand Prix Racing Series (4 races in September and October) For over 30 years our Grand Prix has attracted hundreds of students (over 800 in 2017) and their parents who attend school in the Fraser Valley from grades 4-8. Students run a 1-mile course in Clearbrook Park for 4 Wednesday afternoons in a row to see how much they can improve their time from week to week. The race dates for 2018 are: September 19th & 26th and October 3rd & 10th. Registration Price: $5.00 (includes all 4 Races) Click here for Information and Results: https://valleyroyals.ca/lafarge-grand-prix-cross-country-series/
BC Cross Country Championships Attracts hundreds of athletes from across B.C. for multiple races in a range of age categories. THE VALLEY ROYALS TRACK & FIELD CLUB WILL PAY RACE ENTRY FEE FOR FOR EACH CLUB ATHLETE/JD ATHLETE THAT COMPETES AT THIS PROVINCIAL LEVEL MEET
2018 Lower Mainland Series Cross Country Racing JD/Midget/Open/Masters Events
How the Series Works
The Lower Mainland JD & Midget Cross Country Series provides an opportunity for Junior Development and Midget athletes age 9-15 to compete in a number of cross country races throughout the fall/winter season. Use the Series to prepare for Championship races!
The Junior Development & Midget Series consists of 6 races in September and October. The Youth/Junior/Open/Masters Series consists of 8 races. All races are sanctioned by BC Athletics.
The Open/Masters Series consists of 8 races held from September to December. All races are sanctioned by BC Athletics
JD & Midget Runners will be scored on their 4 best performances. Any completed races count towards the series.
Open & Masters athletes will be scored on the best of five (5) race results in the Series. You must complete a minimum of 5 races. Ties will be broken based on performances in the BC Cross Country Championship event.
The points are assigned as follows: 1st = 30 points, 2nd = 27, 3rd = 25, 4th = 23, 5th = 21, 6th to 25th each place drops 1 point.
Any ties will be decided by position in the BC Provincial Championship event.
Runners must compete in the appropriate allocated race in order to score in their series. For example, if a junior runner elects to compete in a separate senior race then he/she cannot score in a separate age-appropriate event on the same day.
For the JD/Midget athletes in the Series: Plaques will be awarded to the top 3 boys and girls in each age group.
For the Youth/Junior/Open/Masters in the Series: Prizes of gift certificates from area running stores will be awarded to the top three in each age division. If the number of participants warrants, awards may go 5 deep per age group.
Score points for your club throughout the series. Each BCA member club’s 8 best individual points will be scored from each race, and accumulated to determine the winner of the Series Club Challenge Trophy. No minimum club size.
To Register for Meets ALWAYS Contact Club Administrator Christa McAuley at [email protected]
TRACK & FIELD MEETS FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2018:
- Jesse Bent Memorial Meet, June 9th/10th, Percy Perry Stadium, Coquitlam. Meet Package available at http://www.coquitlamcheetahs.org/p/annual-jesse-bent-memorial-cheetah-meet.html
- Langley Pacific Invitational, June 15th/16th/17th, McLeod Athletic Park, Langley. Meet package available at http://www.langleymustangs.com/
- (Harry Jerome Invitational) 35th Vancouver Sun Harry Jerome International Track Classic featuring Canada vs China Team Sprint Challenge , Tues June 26/Wed June 27, Swangard Stadium, Burnaby. NOTE: Spectator Admission Tickets Need to be Purchased in Advance via https://www.harryjerome.com/
- Universal Athletics Meet, June 30th/July 1st, Bear Creek Park, Surrey. Meet Package available soon at http://www.universalathletics.ca/
- Trevor Craven Memorial Meet, July 7th/8th, Swangard Stadium (with Hammer & Discus at Burnaby Central High School), New Westminster. Email entries to [email protected] by 12-noon July 4th Meet Package available at Trevor Craven Schedule 2018 (1) more info available at http://www.norwesterstandf.com/home.php
- Tuesday July 10th 2018 Ocean Athletics Summer Meet #2 email entries to[email protected] by midnight July 6th. Schedule available at: Ocean+Athletics+Summer+Series+2018July10
- 2018 BC Athletics Track & Field Championships Jamboree & National Youth Track & Field Championship Team Trials, July 13/14/15 Percy Perry Stadium, Coquitlam. Email entries to [email protected] by midnight – July 5th. Meet Package available 2018 BC Championships Schedule and more info available at http://www.coquitlamcheetahs.org/ THE VALLEY ROYALS TRACK & FIELD CLUB WILL PAY ENTRY FEES FOR UP TO 3 EVENTS FOR EACH CLUB ATHLETE THAT COMPETES AT THIS PROVINCIAL LEVEL MEET
- Tuesday July 17th 2018 Ocean Athletics Summer Meet #3 Email entries to[email protected] by midnight July 13th Schedule available at:Ocean+Athletics+Summer+Series+2018+July17
- BC JD Championships, July 27th/28th/29th, at the Apple Bowl (on Burtch Road north of of Highway 97), Kelowna. Meet Package available at http://okac.ca/junior-development-championships-2018/ THE VALLEY ROYALS TRACK & FIELD CLUB WILL PAY ENTRY FEES FOR UP TO 3 EVENTS FOR EACH JD ATHLETE THAT COMPETES AT THIS PROVINCIAL LEVEL MEET