At this stage in getting “Back on Track” athletes will be training using the club’s Safety Plan. Athletes won’t be competing at track meets until BC Athletics begins sanctioning meets again
Upcoming meets: TBA
For current information on upcoming meets check out the BC Athletics – Calendar of Events
TO ENSURE USE OF FUNDRAISING CREDITS YOU MAY HAVE EARNED, send your registration information to the Valley Royals Club Administrator, Christa Mc Auley at [email protected], so that she can register you as a Club Athlete & apply any fundraising credits you may have toward entry fee costs. Here’s how to register for meets… https://valleyroyals.ca/how-to-register-for-meets/
If you are interested in looking for more meets to compete in TALK TO YOUR COACH
Archived Meet LISTINGS from Previous Years…
2019 Cross-Country Season:
- Valley Royals Grand Prix Racing Series (4 races in September and October) For over 30 years our Grand Prix has attracted hundreds of students (over 800 in 2018) who attend school or are home-schooled in the Fraser Valley from grades 4-8. Students run a 1-mile course in Clearbrook Park for 4 Wednesday afternoons in a row to see how much they can improve their time from week to week. The race dates for 2019 are: September 18th & 25th and October 2nd & 9th. Registration Price: $8.00 per athlete (includes all 4 Races) Click here for Grand Prix Information and Results: Valley Royals Grand Prix Info Page
- Endurance Running Group’s Racing Schedule: Meet selections info on the Homepage in post from September 4th, 2019
- Junior Development Group’s Racing Schedule: Meet selections info on the Homepage in post from September 4th, 2019
- See Lower Mainland Series Meets listed below for other racing options this fall. If you wish to register for a race in the series that the Royals are not attending, please check with your Coach for approval and ask Christa to register you.
- BC Cross Country Championships Saturday, October 26, 2019 – Beaver Lake, Victoria. Hosted by the Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club and BC Athletics. Attracts hundreds of athletes from across B.C. for multiple races in a range of age categories. For BC Cross Country Championships Meet Info: https://www.bcathletics.org/Content/bc-x-country-champs/42/ THE VALLEY ROYALS TRACK & FIELD CLUB WILL PAY RACE ENTRY FEE FOR EACH CLUB ATHLETE/JD ATHLETE THAT COMPETES AT THIS PROVINCIAL LEVEL MEET
2019 Lower Mainland Series Cross Country Racing JD/Midget/Open/Masters Events
How the Series Works:
The Lower Mainland JD & Midget Cross Country Series provides an opportunity for Junior Development and Midget athletes age 9-15 to compete in a number of cross country races throughout the fall/winter season. Use the Series to prepare for Championship races!
The Junior Development & Midget Series consists of 6 races in September and October. The Youth/Junior/Open/Masters Series consists of 8 races. All races are sanctioned by BC Athletics.
The Open/Masters Series consists of 8 races held from September to December. All races are sanctioned by BC Athletics
JD & Midget Runners will be scored on their 4 best performances. Any completed races count towards the series.
Open & Masters athletes will be scored on the best of five (5) race results in the Series. You must complete a minimum of 5 races. Ties will be broken based on performances in the BC Cross Country Championship event.
The points are assigned as follows: 1st = 30 points, 2nd = 27, 3rd = 25, 4th = 23, 5th = 21, 6th to 25th each place drops 1 point.
Any ties will be decided by position in the BC Provincial Championship event.
Runners must compete in the appropriate allocated race in order to score in their series. For example, if a junior runner elects to compete in a separate senior race then he/she cannot score in a separate age-appropriate event on the same day.
For the JD/Midget athletes in the Series: Plaques will be awarded to the top 3 boys and girls in each age group.
For the Youth/Junior/Open/Masters in the Series: Prizes of gift certificates from area running stores will be awarded to the top three in each age division. If the number of participants warrants, awards may go 5 deep per age group.
Score points for your club throughout the series. Each BCA member club’s 8 best individual points will be scored from each race, and accumulated to determine the winner of the Series Club Challenge Trophy. No minimum club size.
2019 Lower Mainland Series Events:
Only selected races will be attended by Valley Royals running groups as a whole team (See Race Schedules for Endurance Group and JDs above). Athletes interested in running extra races to compete for awards, based on their best 5 race results, please discuss with your coach for approval and ask Christa to do your registration ahead of each race entry deadline. Race details & fees are subject to change so please check each race website or see individual entry form.
- Pinetree Classic— Saturday September 14, 2019 – TBC Mundy Park, Coquitlam 10:00 am. 6km Women / 8km Men Open/Masters. Undulating mulch/gravel trails, grass with some blacktop. Not suitable for spikes. Contact Hosted by5
- South Fraser Cross Country— Saturday September 21, 2019 Bear Creek Park, Surrey 10:30 am. 5km Women / 8km Men Open/Masters. Undulating gravel trails, grass. Contact: Stephen Terry Hosted by South Fraser Athletic Club
- Vancouver Spirit Run— Sunday September 22, 2019 Jericho Beach Park, Vancouver 10:00 am Open/Masters men (8k) and women (6k). 11:45 am age 16-17 (women 4k, men 5k). Grass fields and bark mulch trails. Same course as used for the Canadian Cross Country Championships in the past. Contact: Event Organizers Hosted by Callaghan Valley Sport & Cultural Society
- Festival of Cross Country— Saturday September 28, 2019
Crescent Park, South Surrey
Grass fields and hard pack trails. Some rolling hills. Meet Info & Registration:
Meet Info & Registration Here: https://www.trackie.com/online-registration/event/2019-festival-of-cross-country/35573/
Contact: Event Organizers
Hosted by Ocean Athletics
- Frank Reynolds Memorial— Saturday October 19, 2019 Cates Park, North Vancouver Walk-through 9 am, first race 9:30 am, Masters/Open 1:45 pm Malcolm Lowery Trail with ocean vistas, grass, gravel trails and wooden bridges. Spikes not recommended. Contact: Dag Rastad Hosted by NorWesters
- BC Championships— Saturday October 26, 2019 Beaver Lake, Victoria Races begin at 11:15am 12:00 pm Junior Women 6k, Senior and Masters Women 8k 12:55 pm Junior, Senior & Masters Men 8k Loops are on grass and forest trails. Some rocks and roots. Hosted by Prairie Inn Harriers and BC Athletics
- Fraser Valley Cross Country Ramble— Sunday November 17, 2019 Clearbrook Park, Abbotsford 10:00 am. All age groups welcome. 6.3k. 90% of course is on grass, 10% on crushed gravel, some rolling hills. Contact: Phil Ellis 604-746-1338 Hosted by Peninsula Runners
- Gunner Shaw Memorial— Saturday December 7, 2019 Jericho Park, Vancouver 11:00 am A classic cross country course including sections of grass, trails, hills and sandy beach, with varying amounts of mud and water. 19 and under (5k), Open & Masters (10k). Post race hot showers, good food, and good company. Contact: Mark Williams Hosted by Lions Gate Road Runners
Valley Royals Junior Development Athletes competed in these track & field meets for 2019:
May 4th & 5th: Norwesters Elementary Meet at Swangard Stadium, Burnaby, BC
May 18th & 19th: Junior Olympics Meet at Bear Creek Park, Surrey, BC
June 8th & 9th: Jesse Bent Memorial Meet at Percy Perry Stadium, Coquitlam, BC
June 14 to 16th: Langley Pacific Invitational Meet at McLeod Athletic Park, Langley, BC
June 29th & 30th: Universal Meet at Bear Creek Park, Surrey, BC
July 19th to 21st: BC JD Championships at South Surrey Athletic Park in White Rock, BC (Note: To encourage all Royals JD athletes compete at the BC JD Championships, the club will pay for up to 3 entry fees per athlete for this meet. Be sure to have our club administrator, Christa, do the registration to take advantage of this opportunity)
TRACK & FIELD MEETS FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2018:
- Jesse Bent Memorial Meet, June 9th/10th, Percy Perry Stadium, Coquitlam. Meet Package available at http://www.coquitlamcheetahs.org/p/annual-jesse-bent-memorial-cheetah-meet.html
- Langley Pacific Invitational, June 15th/16th/17th, McLeod Athletic Park, Langley. Meet package available at http://www.langleymustangs.com/
- (Harry Jerome Invitational) 35th Vancouver Sun Harry Jerome International Track Classic featuring Canada vs China Team Sprint Challenge , Tues June 26/Wed June 27, Swangard Stadium, Burnaby. NOTE: Spectator Admission Tickets Need to be Purchased in Advance via https://www.harryjerome.com/
- Universal Athletics Meet, June 30th/July 1st, Bear Creek Park, Surrey. Meet Package available soon at http://www.universalathletics.ca/
- Trevor Craven Memorial Meet, July 7th/8th, Swangard Stadium (with Hammer & Discus at Burnaby Central High School), New Westminster. Email entries to [email protected] by 12-noon July 4th Meet Package available at Trevor Craven Schedule 2018 (1) more info available at http://www.norwesterstandf.com/home.php
- Tuesday July 10th 2018 Ocean Athletics Summer Meet #2 email entries to[email protected] by midnight July 6th. Schedule available at: Ocean+Athletics+Summer+Series+2018July10
- 2018 BC Athletics Track & Field Championships Jamboree & National Youth Track & Field Championship Team Trials, July 13/14/15 Percy Perry Stadium, Coquitlam. Email entries to [email protected] by midnight – July 5th. Meet Package available 2018 BC Championships Schedule and more info available at http://www.coquitlamcheetahs.org/ THE VALLEY ROYALS TRACK & FIELD CLUB WILL PAY ENTRY FEES FOR UP TO 3 EVENTS FOR EACH CLUB ATHLETE THAT COMPETES AT THIS PROVINCIAL LEVEL MEET
- Tuesday July 17th 2018 Ocean Athletics Summer Meet #3 Email entries to[email protected] by midnight July 13th Schedule available at:Ocean+Athletics+Summer+Series+2018+July17
- BC JD Championships, July 27th/28th/29th, at the Apple Bowl (on Burtch Road north of of Highway 97), Kelowna. Meet Package available at http://okac.ca/junior-development-championships-2018/ THE VALLEY ROYALS TRACK & FIELD CLUB WILL PAY ENTRY FEES FOR UP TO 3 EVENTS FOR EACH JD ATHLETE THAT COMPETES AT THIS PROVINCIAL LEVEL MEET