Please contact the Club Administrator, Christa, at [email protected] if you have any questions about becoming a member of the Valley Royals Track & Field Club
Due to insurance rules, all athletes must have a paid Valley Royals Membership to participate with a Royals training group. A $20 one-week trial membership is available for athletes new to the Royals and wanting to check out a training group before buying the full membership. To select a membership package and register online click ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Credit Card Payment option is available
- Single-Season Memberships are available for the TRACK & FIELD/Spring-Summer SEASON ONLY or CROSS COUNTRY/Fall SEASON ONLY(Please note: If you select the Spring-Summer Season and later decided to come back in the Fall Season you will need to contact the club Administrator to register & pay for the Fall Season. Moving up to the Full Year Membership will not be possible at that point so we recommend that you choose the Full Year option at the start of the year if you think you may be coming back in the fall)
- $20.00 INTRODUCTORY WEEK available to athletes that are new to the Valley Royals (see ***INTRO SPECIAL*** below for details)
- What if I have Fundraising Credits left over after I have paid for all of my Entry Fees for the year? All Fundraising Credits expire on December 31st each year. They may not be carried forward into the following year. However. if you have Fundraising Credits left over at the end of the Fall Season, you can use use them toward purchasing next year’s Club Membership as long as the Membership is purchased before Dec 31st.
- New members must supply a copy of their birth certificate to the Club Administrator (either in person or by emailing a photo or scan of the document)
- Athletes ages 14 and up can move between groups or attend more than one group if approved to do so
- Age is calculated as of Dec.31st of the year you are registering for
- Financial Assistance: Please check out Kids Sport Canada website for information related to financial assistance here
$20.00 INTRODUCTORY WEEK Option: For just $20.00 (fee covers insurance for training only, not competing) a new athlete gets the chance to attend one week of practices before deciding to join and pay in full (Use Online Registration to select this option) This option can be used only once and is only available to athletes who are new to the Valley Royals Track & Field Club.
VALLEY ROYALS TRACK & FIELD CLUB MEMBERSHIP FEES:
- access to training groups
- subsidized club clothing
- award at annual banquet
- team fees paid for BC or Canadian team members
- Entry Fees paid by Club for up to 3 events/races at the “BC Track & Field Championships”(BC Athletics)
- Entry Fee paid by Club for race at “BC Cross Country Championships”(BC Athletics)
Not Included in Membership:
- volunteer & fundraising expectations
- Entry-fees for competitions/events (Can be covered through fundraising credits Fundraising Credits_Answers to FAQs )
- BC Athletics Membership: mandatory for club membership and is included in each Membership Package unless specified otherwise on the Fee Chart at the top of this page (the BC Athletics Fee provides the necessary insurance coverage for the athlete)
- Special exception for athletes enrolled in University: All Entry fees are included in the Club Membership and only a small number of Volunteer Hours are required of University Athletes.
- Junior Development (9 years – 13 years) $60.00
- Midget (14 years) $70.00
- Midget (15 years) $73.50
- Youth (16-17 years) $94.50
- Junior (18 years – 19 years) $94.50
- Senior (20 years – 39 years) $94.50
- Post Secondary (18 years- 22 years) $73.50
- Masters (35+years) $63.00
- Non-Competitive (Training Only) $15.75
Club FundRaising Activities:
- Track meets, cross country meets and road races hosted by Valley Royals
- Fundraisers throughout the year that may be approved by the Directors of the Club
- Each athlete is expected to fundraise but how much is up them. There is no minimum fundraising expectation but there are direct benefits to the athlete in the form of a 50% fundraising credit that can be applied to entry fees or next year’s membership before the credits expire on December 31st. For more information on Fundraising Credits click here: Fundraising Credits_Answers to FAQs
- Click on “Volunteer and Fundraising Expectations” above for details.
- Club uniform “singlets” must be worn to competitions entered via club
- Athletes buy their singlet at ordering time and can try on a sample size to check the fit
- Specialized uniforms/hoodies available on request
If you need a competition singlet contact Susan Konrad at [email protected] We are moving to a for-purchase system on our new ROYAL BLUE ADIDAS SINGLETS. Some old Singlets with red side panels are available but sizes are limited. Athletes can wear either the old or the new singlet in competition.
WHY DO YOU LOVE THE VALLEY ROYALS? Testimonials for the Valley Royals Track & Field Club…
We joined Valley Royals JD’s in 2017 when we registered our son. It really has felt like we joined a community of like-minded people. The feel since the start has been welcoming, encouraging, and fun-filled. Our son has grown and developed incredibly in coordination, strength and in his confidence. The coaches and assistant coaches are incredible and make every training session meaningful and fun. They really focus on long term fitness/athletic development. If the kids are not engaged and having fun then they won’t likely stick with it. Our son is excited to go to track for every practice and every track meet.
Thank you Valley Royals for the amazing program for the Junior Development age group. Jen & Chris Wright
Our experience with the Valley Royals began over 1 ½ years ago when my son discovered he loved to run. We have been involved with the club ever since and have nothing but positive experiences to tell about. We have encouraged friends to come out and join the club as well. Not only is the coaching staff extremely dedicated, capable and invested in the development of our youth athletes, they make every practice fun, engaging and encouraging. The club offers a variety of events to train and compete in and the youth athletes are encouraged to try all the various events. The older athletes also assist in the coaching of the younger athletes which we find is very positive role modelling. The Club has had a positive impact on my son with regards to his self-esteem, character traits like perseverance and sportsmanship, and he has widened his circle of friends with common interests. We have also noticed the positive impact the Club has had on our community through the efforts and very hard work by the Club administration. We very much value the Valley Royals Track & Field Club and are grateful to be part of it.
Thanks, Anna Maria Molina
I have had five children train with Valley Royals over the past eight years, and four are currently members of the club. I have really appreciated that despite varying ages, abilities and event preferences, there has been something for each of them. Three started in Junior Development where they experienced each of the main track and field events and two commenced in the Power Speed Group where they specialized in sprints and hurdles. When one of their younger brothers moved up into the older group and had an interest in javelin, the throws coach took him on, a relative beginner, whilst coaching high school students competing at international level – you see this with other disciplines within the club too. I have always found the boys have enjoyed their sessions, not only benefitting from the coaching, but also the ‘atmosphere’ of the club: working hard, but having fun too. Although there are high-level competitors within the club, competing at national and international level, I have found the coaches give equal regard for the athletes, notwithstanding their ability, which makes people feel accepted, respected and ‘part of the team’.
Mrs. Taryn Price
After joining our club Gurpartap is developing a good habit in her life, making friends and developing confidence as a athlete and becoming a responsible toward sports community. She likes Trevor coaching and like his coaching style. Moreover, she enjoy her sessions at track as well cross-country. As a parent we are satisfied that Gurpartap is in good hands. We are extremely thankful to you (Christa – Club Admin) as well to help us to update with everything and helping us out of your comfort zone to deal with our late night emails and texting. A very big thanks to all coaches to share and provide their knowledge with our kids. We are looking forward and waiting for little one to join as well.
Thanks for everything Hardeep and Gurpreet Kaur
I have really enjoyed my experience with Valley Royals so far during my first year of track. It is really fun participating and learning specifics about every running, throwing, and jumping event. The atmosphere at practices is very friendly and encouraging. The coaches have helped me a lot and I am telling my fiends at school to join next year.
Syra Dhaliwal – Grade 4
Parent: Harjinder Dhaliwal
Shawn Mani – Athletic Director of Abbotsford Middle School
“Abbotsford Traditional Middle school has been connected with the Valley Royals and participated in the Grand Prix race series for over 10 years now. The ATMS Cross Country program has grown over the years largely due to the quality of the race events that the Valley Royals put on every year. Students appreciate the ability to track their progress online throughout the running season, the health benefits related to being part of a running club and the sense of ‘team’ that comes with competition. Overall, this club provides a place for students to get hooked on a healthy activity that supports the notion of ‘a healthy mind in a healthy body.”
Josh Lockington – Abbotsford Traditional Middle School
“Our son Vikramjit Singh Gondara is an active athlete of Valley Royal track and field club from 2009 to present. He started training with Valley Royal as a 10 year little boy but today he is 18 year young man and three time Canadian champion in Hammer throw, and he is Canadian record holder in Hammer throw and very good in Discus throw. We are proud on him. All this happen with Valley Royals professional training and throwing technique taught by Mr Harold Willers. And in another hand we are thankful to coach Mr Ziggy Szelagowich who made him very strong. So all over very good club and experienced coaches and hard working athletes. As parents we are thankful to club management, coaches and very thankful to our own senior coach Mr Gerry Swan who create the Club and today we see our kids in top Canadian ranking. Vikramjit is favorite of all coaches, even he don’t trained with all of them but they give advice to him, so we are thankful to Royals.”
Updated August 2019