We are proud of all the strong and brave performances in the June 16 and 17 in-club performance trials. Thank you to all the volunteers for helping us hold these important opportunities. We look forward to more trial meets in the future.
Click the link for event results: Valley Royals In-club Trial Results June 17
June 16th (Wed.) 5pm to 8pm at Rotary Stadium
Meet info:Valley Royals Meet Info June 16, 2021
- 5:00 – 6:00pm Hammer (U14-U22) with CSI/HP to follow
- 6:00-6:15pm Break
- 6:15 – 7:00pm Discus (U16-U22) with CSI/HP to follow
- 7:00 – 7:15pm Break
- 7:15 – 8:00pm Discuss (JD U9 – U14)
June 17th (Thurs.) 5pm to 8:45pm at Rotary Stadium
Meet Info: Valley Royals Meet Info June 17, 2021
- 5:00 – 5:30 100m (U9 & older)
- 5:30 – 6:00 Sprint hurdles (varying distances for different age brackets) with CSI / HP to follow
- 6:00 – 6:45 1500m (U18 & older) with CSI/HP to follow; 1200m (U14 & U16)
- 6:45 – 7:30 200m (U12 & older) with CSI/HP to follow
- 7:30 – 8:00 400m (U18 & older) with CSI/HP to follow
- 8:00 – 8:45 Distance hurdles (varying distances for different age brackets) with CSI/HP to follow
Registration is now open and must be completed through Trackie, using the links below. Events are $10 each per athlete. Register by noon on June 15, 2021.
Register for Wednesday, June 16th in-club trial meet
Register for Thursday, June 17th in-club trial meet
Volunteers are needed to help the event run smoothly. Add to your family volunteer hours by contacting Debbie Foote at [email protected].
All of the club’s practice groups are back training, as usual, at Rotary Stadium as line painting continues to be delayed. Please check for emails with details regarding your Practice Group’s training location as the club responds to ongoing communication from the City regarding line painting.
UPDATE from Christa regarding the Junior Development Group this week…
The JD group will be back training at Rotary this Thursday, May 27th.
For Saturday, May 29th, the JD group will meet at Rotary by the flag poles but will then be doing the tunnel run for their training session. If you drop your child off on Saturday and come back before the end of the session, please note that they may not be back at Rotary until 10:15am so please don’t worry if you don’t see your child right away. All our coaches will be with them on this run.
Next week there will be the first of three opportunities to get some official throws results.
VALLEY ROYALS In-Club Youth Performance Throws Trials (Sanctioned)
#1 – Wednesday May 26, 2021
#2 – Wednesday June 16, 2021
#3 – Wednesday July 14, 2021
Events: Hammer (U14 -22) and Discus (JD to U22)
Location: Throws Cage East of Rotary Stadium – 32470 Haida Drive, Abbotsford, BC
5:00PM Hammer (U14 – U22 M/F)
6- 6:15 Break
6:15 PM Discus (JD U9 – U 14 M/F)
7:15 PM Discus (U16 – U22 M/F)
Registration: Please email Christa McAuley – [email protected]
Deadline for Throws Trial #1 is NOON May 25, 2021
Entry Fee: FREE for Throws Trial #1, TBC #2 & 3
Meet Info: 2021 #1, #2, #3 VR Throws Performance Trials – Final
Site Map: 2021 Throws Site Map
EVERYONE GETS THE MAY LONG WEEKEND OFF! There will be no Valley Royals practices happening on Saturday, May 22nd; Sunday May 23rd and Monday, May 24th. Enjoy!
Join the club’s AGM on Zoom 7-8 PM this Wednesday, May 12th, by REGISTERING TODAY to get your PERSONAL MEETING LINK
Christa has sent you an email giving instructions and a link you can click to REGISTER for the AGM Zoom Webinar.
When you register, input your name and the email address that you normally use to communicate with Christa. Answer the attendance question and you’re done!
Once you’ve registered, the Zoom system will email you your PERSONAL MEETING LINK for the AGM. It’s that easy!
For more info about the Online AGM see Post from April 26th below…
Attendance matters! The number of households who register and participate has a huge impact on the dollar value of grant money the club can apply for. Thanks for joining in!
All Valley Royals Member Households are invited to the Club’s Online AGM 7 PM, Wednesday, May 12th
Presented as a Zoom Webinar, the AGM will be a lively opportunity to look at the club’s accomplishments over the past year, ask questions using the chat feature, and vote on new Board Members using live polls during the meeting.
YOUR ATTENDANCE MATTERS:
The number of households who register and participate in the AGM has a huge impact on the club’s ability to apply for grant money to run the club so please REGISTER IN ADVANCE & JOIN THE MEETING ON ZOOM at 7:00 PM ON MAY 12th. Attendance is recorded for this meeting using a Zoom Registration process.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED:
In the week before the AGM, all club member households will receive an email from the club administrator, Christa, giving instructions and a link to the Zoom Webinar Registration. NOTE: This is only a REGISTRATION LINK. Once you’ve registered, the Zoom system will email you the MEETING LINK for the AGM
- PRE-REGISTER your household as soon as you receive the link to registration. The meeting link will be emailed to you by the Zoom system once your registration is complete
- Register using the email address that you normally use to communicate with Christa
- ATTENDANCE: Be sure to answer the Registration Question regarding Attendance by listing the names of the members of your family that are over the age of five
- VOTING: Unlike attendance, voting is per household – each family gets one vote. Voting will be done using Polls within the AGM Zoom Webinar. If your family has more than one device logging into the meeting, please designate one person to do the voting on behalf of your household
ELECTION OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
There are four positions being voted on for the Valley Royals Board of Directors at the 2021 AGM. Election to the board is for a two-year term. As a Non-Profit Society that seeks to support the development of athletes, coaches and officials, the Valley Royals Board of Directors is a “Working Board” where the club leadership not only advise and contribute ideas but also roll up their sleeves and get work done to help the club function smoothly.
To put your name forward to serve on the board, or for more info, contact Christa at [email protected]
SUB COMMITTEES & SPECIAL SKILLS:
Beyond the seven positions on the board, there are many other opportunities to volunteer that do not require being elected:
- Join a club sub-committee such as the Track Meet Committee, Finance Committee, or Grand Prix Committee
- Contribute your special skills such as: handy person, first aid, communications (website/social media), bookkeeping, or other skills that would help the club
- Running a fundraiser or Networking to get the club a corporate sponsor automatically fulfils all the volunteer hours your family needs for the year
If you would like to get involved on a sub-committee, if you have a special skill to contribute, or if you have a fundraiser or corporate sponsor for the club in 2021, email the club administrator, Christa, at [email protected]
- Do you appreciate the club’s coaches and care about the development of all the Valley Royals athletes?
- Would you like to develop your leadership skills?
To learn more about serving on the board, contact Christa at [email protected]