Results from the 2018 Valley Royals Vaisakhi Festival Track & Field Meet are available here: http://results.tfmeetpro.com/Ocean_Athletics/Vaisakhi_2018/
The Abbotsford News has created a video montage of the Track & Field Events at the Viasakhi Meet. Click here to view: https://blackpress.tv/video.php?id=31074
The Valley Royals thanks Betty Johnston of the Abbotsford Photo Arts Club for capturing many special moments from this year’s Vaisakhi Meet. Click here to see the album: https://valleyroyals.ca/2018-vaisakhi-meet-photos-by-betty-johnston-2/
- THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS: https://valleyroyals.ca/the-valley-royals-thanks-our-sponsors-for-the-2018-vaisakhi-meet/
- ABOUT THE 2018 VAISAKHI FESTIVAL MEET: About the 2018 Valley Royals Vaisakhi Festival Track & Field Meet
- INFORMATION IN PUNJABI: Punjabi Info Poster 2018
- 2018 MEET PACKAGE/SCHEDULE: Vaisakhi 2018 – Rolling Schedule for Meet – Final3
- FREE ONLINE REGISTRATION THROUGH TRACKIE: https://www.trackie.com/online-registration/event/valley-royals-vaisakhi-festival-all-comers-meet/21737/#.WsD1Lmeovcs Free Event Selections (Up to a maximum of: 3 races, 2 Relays, 3 Field Events per athlete) ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY APRIL 13th before midnight For insurance reasons, participants without a BC Athletics membership number must Pre-Register in TRACKIE before Midnight Friday April 13, 2018 (Only BC Athletics Members can register on site the day of the meet). If you have any questions or require any help with the registration process, please contact Debbie Foote at [email protected]
- SITE MAP: Site Map for 2018 Vaisakhi Festival_Meet North at Top
- LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: To volunteer email Debbie Foote at [email protected] Include your First & Last Name, Cell Phone #, email address, T-Shirt Size, what hours you are available on April 15th, and what you’d like to do to help out (If you have special skills such as first aid or experience volunteering at track meets before please let Debbie know in your email to her) See Volunteer Page for more details: https://valleyroyals.ca/100-volunteers-needed/
- 2018 SPONSORS email Ivon Gill at [email protected] to select your Sponsorship Package (NOTE: you or your business will also get recognition at 5 major races being hosted by the Valley Royals in the Fall) 2018 Sponsorship Letter 2018 SPONSORSHIP PACKAGES: https://valleyroyals.ca/2018-sponsorship-letter-and-packages/
- About Last Year’s 2017 Vaisakhi Meet: https://valleyroyals.ca/2017-vaisakhi-festival-track-field-meet/ (Includes: Photos, News Reports, Sponsors, Results)
Congratulations to Valley Royal athlete, Django Lovett, who brings home to Canada the Bronze Medal for Men’s High Jump from the Commonwealth Games in Australia. Lovett, who cleared 2.30m-a new personal best-to secure his position on the podium had this to say about his outstanding performance:
“This a dream come true. To come out here and showcase my talent; it’s been a long time coming and I’m thrilled to finally put it together in front of such an amazing crowd.”
To read Athletics Canada’s article about Team Canada’s athletic performances today, which includes an interview with Django, click here: http://athletics.ca/lovett-earns-bronze-mens-high-jump-emmanuel-brown-200m-final/#sthash.WivYL6W1.dpbs
For BC Athletics recap of the Commonwealth Games & stats on the BC athletes on Team Canada, click here: http://www.bcathletics.org/News/2018-commonwealth-games-recap/2768/
Congratulations to Thane Timmerman for advancing to the Regional/Provincial Level of the RBC Training Ground, a testing program which helps to identify athletes who have Olympic potential by using a series of physical test to assess power, speed and endurance. Timmerman is among the top athletes in BC to compete in the Regional/Provincial Level of RBC Training Ground testing today, April 7th, at the Richmond Oval.
For link to Abbotsford News article about Timmerman’s achievement click: https://www.abbynews.com/sports/abbotsfords-timmerman-advances-in-training-ground/
The Valley Royals wish Thane the very best in today’s round of testing and look forward to seeing what comes next in RBC Training Ground and in his Track and Field Season this year
Congratulations to Coach Harold on being selected as a finalist for Canadian Development Coach of the Year for the 2017 Season!
Click here to see all of Athletics Canada’s Award Finalists: http://athletics.ca/2017awardfinalists/#sthash.aMkSdauh.dpbs
The Valley Royals are celebrating a week of excellent results to finish up the month of March.
Django Lovett won Silver in High Jump at the Queensland International Invitational in Australia last Wednesday as he prepared to compete for Canada at the Commonwealth Games. Meet results for the Queensland Invitational are available here: http://liveresults.qldathletics.org.au/2018/180328_QTC/index.htm
Several Valley Royals athletes achieved medal standing at the UBC Meet this past weekend. Vikramjit Gondara won Gold and Jayden Driver won Bronze in Hammer Throw. Alexa Porpaczy won Gold in Women’s High Jump. Eric Chatten won Gold and Liam Espidido won Silver in Men’s High Jump. UBC Meet results are available here: https://www.directathletics.com/results/track/53404.html
Congratulations to our athletes for such a great showing so early in the season!
JD (JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT) Ages 8-13
SEE THIS IMPORTANT LETTER FROM COACH TREVOR: 2018 Letter to JD Parents
PARENT INFORMATION MEETING: Near the end of the first practice on Monday, April 9th, 6:45 – 7:15 PM at the Valley Royals Shed (South end of the track at Rotary Stadium)
Track & Field Season: JD Training Begins on Monday April 9th 2018 running until Wednesday, July 25th with the BC JD Championships happening on July 27-29th in Kelowna to conclude the JD Track & Field Season (No practices on statutory holidays)
- Mondays 5:45 – 7:15 PM at Rotary Stadium
- Wednesdays 5:45 – 7:15 PM at Rotary Stadium
- Thursdays 5:45 – 7:15 PM at Rotary Stadium
Meet at the Valley Royals Shed at the South End of the Track
Events Offered: Middle Distance, Sprints, Hurdles, Long Jump, High Jump, Triple Jump, Shot Put, Discus, Race Walk, Hammer(age specific) Pole Vault (age specific), Cross Country
This age group encourages athletes to try all event areas (Racing, Jumps, Throws) in both practices and competitions. The focus for the JD athletes at meets should be on enjoying the experience and learning how to do their best in a variety of events and challenging themselves to improve their own mark.
Click here for printable PDF of this Flyer: Running Room Shopping Event