PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS HOMEPAGE FOR POSTS OF THE MOST RECENT VALLEY ROYALS INFORMATION. Below is a list of updates and an important letter from Head Coach Trevor Wight.
- The Club’s Annual General Meeting is proceeding as scheduled for 7-9 PM on Friday, April 3rd but, for public safety, will be convened as an Extraordinary General Meeting in an Electronic Format. Maximum participation in this EGM is essential for the club’s grant application for funding. More updates about the EGM will be posted soon
- The Athletic Awards Banquet is postponed until further notice
- The Coach/Athlete/Parent Meeting and Shed Clean Up at Rotary is postponed until further notice
- Junior Development Group is postponed. Interested athletes may reserve a spot on the JD Waitlist by Registering Online and selecting the “$20-One Week Trial” option. Cost: $20 (which can be applied to a JD membership package if the season proceeds or be reimbursed if the JDs are unable to train this season)
- Track Rascals (Two days a week for 8 weeks in May & June) is still to be determined. To reserve a spot on the Track Rascals Waitlist email the club administrator, Christa, at [email protected]
- Athletes Age 14 and Up, that are currently registered and training with the Royals, will continue to train using electronic communication with their coach. Watch for an email from your coach to learn how your training will proceed. Athletes in this age group, who are not currently registered but are interested in training, may reserve a spot on the 14 & Up Waitlist by Registering Online and selecting the “$20-One Week Trial” option. Cost: $20 (which can be applied to a membership package if the season proceeds or be reimbursed if the the athlete is unable to train this season). Due to health concerns, high jump and pole vault are not currently available for training.
An important letter from Head Coach Trevor Wight:
Dear Royals Family,
In the wake of the evolving situation with the COVID-19 virus, the Valley Royals board of directors, with my input, has decided to suspend all formal practices for all ages and training groups until further notice. It is our responsibility to put the health and safety of our athletes and their families ahead of all other considerations. We are monitoring this situation closely.
In spite of this unfortunate situation, athletes in the power/speed, endurance and throws groups are encouraged to continue to train on their own. To this end, coaches for these groups will be providing workouts and direction to their athletes through virtual means. Athletes will be hearing from their specific coaches shortly with details on how this will work. In certain cases, some equipment may be made available for athletes to sign out from the club.
These are difficult and uncertain times. For now, we all need to do the best we can to make lemonade out of lemons. I encourage everyone who is a part of the Royals family to keep fit and to keep this situation in perspective. Anyone who’s been a track and field athlete for any length of time knows that from time to time, blips happen in one’s training, sometimes for reasons beyond our control. This is only just another blip. It will pass. Until it does, do the best you can and stay safe.
Yours in Sport,
Trevor Wight, Head Coach, Valley Royals Track and Field Club